17 April 2010

Khwab Jo.


To Ahana Datta, for all your freaky dreams.

Song : Illusion and Dream by Poets of the Fall.

For the millionth time that day, he pressed a random key on his QWERTY phone so that the light would glow and he'd be able to see the time. It was 3:47 AM. He wanted to sleep. It'd been 5 hours since he'd been wracking his brains with T-shaped Accounts and Balance Sheets. The Mind wanted to rest. But then again, he had to study, exams were around.

I'll get a 6 hour sleep and wake up at 10, he thought. He set the Alarm on his fancy phone. Of course, waking up to your own alarm is the last thing people would trust themselves with.

So, he messaged his friend, Ganesh :


"Wake me up at 10, if you're up at 10."


And then he wished his girlfriend Good Night, plugged in his earphones, heard Illusion and Dream and finally slept like a baby.

*

He rubbed his eyes. Opened one of them and saw a tall figure standing.

The figure yelled,
"Tell me the relation between peace and freedom! Now!"

"With silence comes peace, with peace comes freedom, with freedom comes silence,"
he said and went back to sleep.

Sometime later, he woke up again and checked his phone.


"4 New Text Messages"


He checked them. 3 forwards from some random person. Why would people send ridiculous fowards in the morning, he thought.

The last text read :


"Sorry, couldn't wake you up, woke up myself at 10:47. Just saw text."

It was from Gannu. He didn't bother. He didn't really expect Ganesh to wake him up, anyway.
He fell asleep again.

Some more time later, he finally woke up, with sleep still hovering under his eyes. He saw that his phone still had unread text messages. He checked them. MBA-Universe and what not.

Just then, his phone vibrated.


"Gannu :) calling"


H : Kaminey kahi ke.


G : Kyun?!

H : Uthaya nahi na tune


G : Utha toh raha hoon. Get up chal, sissy.


H : Uth raha hoon


G : Acha bye, I have to sleep. (sleepy tone)


H : Khud soo le, saale. Bye (funny tone)

He then returned to his Inbox.

He looked for Ganesh's earlier message. He kept scrolling down. He went past the MBA ones, the forwarded ones and then he found the Good Night Ones. He was puzzled. He checked the other folders. No where.


Confused, he locked his phone and got out of his bed to do the morning things. He turned around and then like always, punched a random key on his phone to check the time.


9:47 AM.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVED THIS ONE. FRIENDS ARE AN ASSENT. NEVER LOSE THEM

Rohan Chawla said...

I'll try and hold on to one lot. Should I count you in?

Anonymous said...

Sure if you keep writing this you will always find me around.

P.S. Mind asking me something?

Rohan Chawla said...

Friends with conditions?

PS: Ask, and then I'll see if it "minds" me :P

Anonymous said...

Ya with conditions because i don't like being friends with walls be it on networking site or blog.I hope you get the drift of what i am saying.

As for asking.
How old are you??? Don't tell if you don't want but you sound like you are over 40. If you are not over 40 then stop sounding like an "old hag"(to quote you) because life is too beautiful. But i still kinda like what you write

P.S. Go ahead mind if you want :P

Rohan Chawla said...

I didn't get the drift.

You don't have to be 40, to feel 40. Life is beautiful. In parts. Thank you for reading. Really. I am glad you like it. Oh. I am 19.

PS : did not mind. What would you like to tell me about you?

Anonymous said...

I rather interact with a person personally then online because you don't even know who is sitting on the other side.

19 still a teenager. i wish to have those days back, at times!!!

As for me. well for one i am working in a PR firm which sounded glamorous upfront but surely isn't. I love early morning quiet. i still believe in fairy tales.
I am planning on starting a blog, when and where even i dnt know.

P.S. oh and i am 25

Anonymous said...

And i want a longer lunch break :P

Rohan Chawla said...

I wish I had my young days back. Do you think by that logic, babies would want to not be born?
PR. Sounds normal.
Ever read Alice in Wonderland?
Blog, that would be nice. Make sure I know when it comes. Ok?
25 is still young. Longer Lunch Break? Ask for it.

Anonymous said...

Younger days!!!!!! You 19.
By any logic i have no answer for your absurd question. But i would say one thing that birth and death are not in hand of man, his own life is. I believe it is god who decide when we enter the world and when we leave it but how we choose to live our life is totally up to us(it's a little outdated renaissance concept but i follow it).

I didn't say it's not normal but it is surely not as glamorous as they make it sound.

Yes i have.

Will do when i do start it.

25 is young but not as crazy as teenage. As for asking for longer lunch break, we have done all we could maybe you can come and request on our behalf.

Rohan Chawla said...

Do you believe in Abortion? Euthanasia? Cloning?

What do you like best about Alice in Wonderland?

An outsider advocating for Employee rights? Nah! Though Non-Cooperation and Civil Disobedience aren't so outdated concepts.