5 February 2022

Basant Panchmi

Many years ago, I had written a poem on the occasion of Basant Panchmi. Today is also Basant Panchmi. So here is another composition to the Goddess. I pray that the Goddess grants the boon of विवेक (the ability to discriminate between true and false) to all of you.

क्षमा

रूठ गया था जग से,

उठ रहा था विश्वास तुम पर से,

पर आज क्षमा कर दें देवी,

नहीं दिख रही थी तुम्हारी छवी। (१)


तुम्हें सीमित कर दिया था पत्थर मे,

तुम तो थी प्रत्यक्ष, माँ के रूप मे,

पालन पोषण कर तुमने बडा किया,

डाट फटकार कर तुमने सीधा किया। (२)


अध्यापिका बन जगत ज्ञान कराया,

गुरू बन मोक्ष मार्ग दिखाया,

हर अक्षर है तुम्हारा आकार,

संपूर्ण उपलब्धि है तुम्हारा उपकार। (३)


सुहृद बन गुरू से मिलाया,

ज्ञान की किरण से अंधकार भगाया,

आरती मे सुन्दर साज़ सुनाया,

भक्त बन प्रेम करना सिखाया। (४)


पत्नी मे भी तुम ही समाई,

विभिन्न रागों कि पहचान करवाई,

साथ बिठा कर यज्ञ कराया,

मधुर स्वर मे भजन सुनाया। (५)


वकालत मे भी साथ न छोड़ा,

विपक्ष के तर्क को तुम ने तोड़ा,

सत्य ही प्रिय है, यह तुम्हारा ही आशीष है,

तुम ही सत्य हो, सारी हार मेरी है। (६)

 

वाक भी तो हो तुम,

हर कविता हर गीत है तुम्हारी धुन,

कहने को करता हूँ मैं अर्चना,

पर है तो सब कुछ तुम्हारी रचना! (७)


तुम हमेशा थी मेरे संग,

परंतु मैं न देख पाया तुम्हारे अनेक रंग,

मूढ ही रहा, भूल गया कि यह है माया,

तुम हो सब, मैं सिर्फ एक साया। (८)


पर आज क्षमा कर दें देवी,

और मान ले मेरी एक विनती,

प्रयास से दिखती हो दूसरों में,

अब दर्शन दे दो हृदय मे! (९)


*****


I was upset with the world, 
Was losing faith in You,
But, today, forgive me Devi,
I could not see Your reflection. (1)

I had limited You to stone,
You were in front of me, as my Mother,
You raised and nurtured me,
You scolded and corrected me. (2)

As my teacher, You gave me worldly knowledge,
As my Guru, You showed me the path to liberation,
Every alphabet is Your form,
All achievements are Your blessings. (3)

As a dear friend, You introduced me to my Guru,
As a ray of knowledge, You dissipated darkness,
As Aarti, You played many instruments,
As a devotee, You taught love. (4)

You are present even in my wife,
You helped me appreciate various Ragas,
You made me do Yagya,
You sang beautiful Bhajans. (5)

In advocacy, You did not abandon me,
You defeated arguments of the opponent,
It is Your blessings that Truth is dear (to me),
You are Truth, all defeat is mine. (6)

You also are voice,
All poems and songs are your tunes,
It appears that I make an offering (to You),
But everything is Your creation! (7)

You were always with me,
But I could not see your various forms,
I remained a fool, forgot that this is an illusion,
You are everything, I am only a reflection. (8)

But, today, forgive me Devi,
And agree to my one request,
With effort, I see You in others,
Now, let me see You in my heart! (9)

*****

Apologies for recycling the same photo :)

1 comment:

moksh said...

Maa is indeed in everyone, as rightly ppinted out in the poem. 😊😇