1 February 2017

O Maa Saraswati!

To speak something clever, I need not whisky or rum,
My life is adorned by your pearls of wisdom;
Your grace has helped me make many a difficult decision,
Now, I can see even beyond my immediate vision;
How can I forget those times when I wasn't sure,
And a guess of the mind turned out to be the cure!

Study has never been a torture for me,
Philosophy and Finance, I have learnt with glee;
Each time I picked a book to read,
I was afraid I would not finish the deed;
Despite my failings, I think I know a decent lot,
Without your blessings, my intelligence would have certainly rot!

To which door do I drop my gratitude?
The temple or school or library - I want no feud;
Should I light the lamp and the incense?
Or should I donate to a school to break the ignorance fence?
Perhaps, it matters less what exactly I do,
So long as my heart is faithful and true.

O Mother! I owe all my life to you,
Like the painting to the painter's view;
Forever, I hope I am at your feet,
No matter the highness of my seat;
My salutations to you, O Maa Saraswati!
I bow to thee,
I bow to thee,
I bow to thee!


No comments: