31 December 2021

2022

When I first started writing this post, it was quite pensive and nostalgic. I am not feeling like that today. So I deleted the draft paragraphs. Today, I am feeling quite upbeat. Actually, since the last few days. I suppose that is life - कभी धूप और कभी छाँव। Anyway, I am glad the year is ending on a happier note.

I am not going to talk about the year gone by - there were good things, there were bad things. What has happened, has happened. The only way is forward. No one knows what 2022 holds for us. It could be the best of times, it could be the worst of times. We can only try and then hope that it all works out.

And honestly, those are the only two things we can ever do - try and hope. Perhaps, hope is not the right word. Hope implies expectation. Is pray a better word? Or perhaps, the ideal thing would be to try and then accept whatever the outcome may be.

In any event, the year is (almost) over. I wish and/or pray and/or hope the very best for all of you. Thank you for sticking around.

I don't know what 2022 will bring, but Happy New Year anyway! :)

Lots of love,

Chota Shakespeare



No comments: