4 November 2012

From Me to You

Dear Susan,

I am not a fan of letter writing, but there just seems to be some magic in letters. I think it is the delay that seems mesmerizing; that the letter was written in the past by someone you love and that you are receiving it now, in the present. It is like revisiting memories in someway, just that the memory you are reliving is actually just happening right now. That's what letters do - they force you to appreciate the differences in time and distance.

Though, I really don't know if that's what I intend. I just wanted to express my love to you. Yes, we live in the same house, share the same room and practically discuss everything, but I rarely get a chance to tell you how much I love you. Perhaps that's also what letters do, give us a chance to say something we have always wanted to; all with an element of surprise.

I don't know where to start. Perhaps, the beginning is the best start - when we first met. It was your infinite kindness that attracted me. The way your heart was open to everyone, with no speck of hatred or bias. To you everyone was equal and was worth your love and time. I am glad that years later, nothing has changed. You still see the same essence in everyone.

People who have wonderful hearts tend to be awarded frugally in grey matter. But the Creator has been exceptionally generous with you. I haven't met anyone who is as sorted as you are. And that has changed me too. You pulled me from being a dull and slow sloth to a vibrating person seeking more and more knowledge. I am no Shakespeare, but even if I were, no sonnets would capture my love for you and no summer days would match your shine.

But it isn't just the fluffy stuff. The sex is awesome. Your body is my wonderland. The way you walk, the way you do your hair, your eyes and that naughty tongue you got - all great. They say it doesn't matter how beautiful you are from the outside, but you don't have to worry about that - you're a damsel anyway.

Around you, I don't have to worry about anything. I can be whoever I want and I can ask whatever I want without any fear. In this pretentious world, to have someone like you is a blessing and I am truly grateful and also indebted. With you, there are no masks I have to keep in a jar by the door. I trust you.

Life is unpredictable and we don't know what lies in the future. But I am glad we have each other. You've been there for me whenever I needed something and even when I didn't, and I promise that I will always be there for you. In sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as sorrow.

I love you.That's all I have to say. 

I love you.

Always and Forever,

Carol


PS : This post has an epilogue, which can be read here :  http://rohan-chawla.blogspot.in/2012/11/boys-keep-swinging.html


Song : Chaudvi ka Chand - Mohd. Rafi
           Isharon Isharon Mein - Mohd. Rafi and Asha Bhosle

Also apologies if the letter is crapy. I have never written love letters.


2 comments:

Kapil Sibal said...

Should add 'write a love letter' in the high school english syllabus. Right next to 'matrimonial ads'
wonder what would have happened to your 12th class % :p

Rohan Chawla said...

Hi Kapil,
Hahaha - that would indeed be crazy. I wonder what the BJP would have to say about it ;)
As regards my 12 std %, lets say if I went with Carol and Susan - God would only be able to promote me :P